Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) is vital activity for business. The BCP and DRP are as good as the foundation upon which it was built. The foundation is, of course, the concept. The creation of a sound BCP and DRPs are complex undertaking, involving a series of steps.
Every day, businesses are confronted with disasters of varying degrees. Those that have adequately developed, maintained, and exercised their BCP & DRPs will survive. However, if a business is to survive, organizational “strategic” and “tactical” battle planning is essential.
Kualitatem is an Information Security company backed by consultants with security credentials such as CISA, CISSP, BS25999, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, ISO 9001, 27001, 20000 Internal Auditors & Appraisal Team Member for CMMI & TMMI. Our team of consultants have decades of experience in the field of Information Security, Business Continuity Management, Service Management, Quality Management, Auditing, Process Improvement, Implementation, Consultancy & Trainings.
Who Needs BCP & DRP?
Every organization which values business continuation and information needs it, for example:
- Banks and Insurance companies
- Call centers
- IT companies & Internet Service Providers
- Government & classified organizations
- Service Industry & Hospitals, etc.
Benefits of BCP & DRP
- Reducing the probability of losses & exposures
- Ensuring the safety of personnel and customers
- Human resource preparation for a disastrous event
- Minimizing the probability of disaster occurrence
- Ensuring organizational stability
- Providing an orderly recovery
- Minimizing legal liability
- Minimizing insurance premiums
- Protecting the assets of the organization
BCP & DRP Development LifecycleFollowing is a list of mandatory activities for BCM. A client may get the whole package or any group of services:
- BCP / DRP Project Initiation
- Identification and Classification of business assets
- Thorough asset risk assessment
- Calculation of business impact analysis
- Mechanism of Incident Response Management
- Development of BCP & DRP
- Roles and responsibility assignment with respect to asset
- BCP & DRP training to all the relevant stakeholders
- Implementation of developed BCP and DRP
- Testing of BCP & DRP (Full / Partial)
- BCP & DRP modification & improvement mechanism
- BCP & DRP maintenance activities and roles
- Regular reviews of BCP & DRP