Kualitatem has a strong skill set available on various tools used for different testing needs. One of the key distinguishing factor is our ability to provide services on such a broad spectrum of tools available. Few of the more commonly used tools include:
Test Automation Tools
- QTP – QTP is a graphical interface record-playback automation tool. It is able to work with any web, java or windows client application. This tool helps testers to perform an automated functional testing seamlessly without monitoring once script development is complete.
- Selenium – Selenium is a set of different software testing tools each with a different approach to supporting test automation. All the tools will give you many different options for approaching different test automation problems.
- TestComplete – It is an automated testing tool, developed by SmartBear Software which aims to allow testers to create software quality tests. Tests can be recorded, manually scripted or created manually with keyword operations and used for automated playback and error logging.
- Rational Software – Rational Software Architect is a tool that enables software architects to model and design the architecture of their applications. It includes features for automatic code generation starting from the models developed within the application.
- Assembla – Assembla.com provides collaborative task and code management tools that are integrated in a way that makes continuous, distributed, and scalable development possible for teams of all shapes and sizes.
- BugZilla – Bugzilla is a “Defect Tracking System” or “Bug-Tracking System”. Defect Tracking Systems allow individual or groups of developers to keep track of outstanding bugs in their product effectively.
- JIRA – JIRA is a proprietary issue tracking product, developed by Atlassian, used for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
- Mantis – Mantis Bug Tracker is a free and open source, web-based bug tracking system released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2. The most common use of Mantis BT is to track software defects. However, Mantis BT is often configured by users to serve as a more generic issue tracking system and project management tool.
Code Review Tools
- Jstyle – JStyle is an automated Java code review tool which knows about important Java coding guidelines practiced widely by expert Java developers, and can quickly apply these to any Java code.
- CodeStriker – It is an open-sourced web application which supports online code reviewing. Traditional document reviews are supported, as well as reviewing diffs generated by an SCM (Source Code Management) system and plain unidiff patches. There is a plug-in architecture for supporting other SCMs and issue tracking systems.
- CodeAuditor – It is a code analysis tool that allows developers to take control of your code, ensuring large, complex source code can be simplified, cleaned and maintained. The built-in rules focus on the most popular .NET languages (C#, VB.NET) for both Windows Forms and ASP.NET; however, the flexibility of SSW Code Auditor allows the developer to add their own rules to target any language in any text file.
Mobile Testing Tools
- Fone Monkey – FoneMonkey is a functional testing tool for the iOS and Android providing for the interactive creation, editing and playback of automation scripts that exercise an application’s user interface.
- Robotium – Robotium is an Android test automation framework that has full support for native and hybrid applications. Robotium makes it easy to write powerful and robust automatic black-box UI tests for Android applications.
- MonkeyTalk – MonkeyTalk is the world’s greatest mobile app testing tool. MonkeyTalk automates real, functional interactive tests for iOS and Android apps – everything from simple “smoke tests” to sophisticated data-driven test suites.
- HP invent Quick Test Pro – HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) software, formerly known as HP QuickTest Professional (QTP), provides functional and regression test automation for software applications and environments. HP Unified Functional Testing can be used for enterprise quality assurance.
Performance Testing Tools
- Apache JMeter – The Apache JMeter desktop application is open source software, a 100% pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
- WebLOAD – This tool is intended for ISVs, SIs and software developers who need to integrate load generation engine into their applications. For enterprise load and performance testing initiatives, RadView offers WebLOAD Professional, a complete solution for creating, executing and analyzing the performance of web applications under load.
- Load Runner – HP LoadRunner is an automated performance and test automation product from Hewlett-Packard for application load testing: examining system behavior and performance, while generating actual load.
- WAPT – WAPT is a load and stress testing tool that provides an easy-to-use and cost-effective way to test any web site, including business applications, mobile sites, web portals, etc.
- TestDirector – TestDirector simplifies test management by helping you organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning, creating tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- TestLink – TestLink is a web-based test management system that facilitates software quality assurance. It is developed and maintained by Teams. The platform offers support for test cases, test suites, test plans, test projects and user management, as well as various reports and statistics.
- ZEPHYR – Zephyr Enterprise Edition is a real-time test management platform that manages all aspects associated with software quality; integrates various test tools and systems, offers global access, fosters collaboration and provides management visibility.
Security Testing Tools
- Netsparker – Netsparker is the only False-positive-free web application security scanner. Simply point it at your website and it will automatically discover the flaws that could leave you dangerously exposed.
- Back Track – BackTrack is a Linux-based penetration testing arsenal that aids security professionals in the ability to perform assessments in a purely native environment dedicated to hacking.